Sunday, September 10, 2006

depression days - positive thinking

After a couple of days off I am back on track now. I have added a page on positive thinking to my website. I am a big believer in how our thoughts affect our lives, although I know if all in my head, putting it into practise is another thing alltogether. I have a book called "you can't afford the luxury of a negative thought" by John Roger and Peter McWilliams, and it is the most fantastic book, I have had it for years and gotten through quite a few rough times with the help of this book. I have a link on my site to where you can purchase the book, it is the only book I have recommended because in my opinion its the best. I know my problem is one of forever thinking negatively and even overthinking everything - don't get me wrong I don't want to imply that the book can't be that good if I still think negatively, my problem is I don't stick to things. This book has gotten me out of my negativity a lot of times, unfortunately I put the book away and stop doing what they say and slip back into it, even though it stressed in the book not to do that. I'm going to make a super huge effort to get back on the positive track.

I noted in my story on my website that I hoped building this site will help me in my recovery from depression and that I am going to start doing everything that I write about. So far I've been a bit slack until a couple of days ago, I got off my butt and went for a jog, I went again yesterday and intend to go again today. I'm going to get fit and healthier and feel better for it. Mind you it helps when you have a large dog that can pull you along too.

As my final word for today, I just wanted to give my condolenses to the family and friends of Peter Brock. Another tragic loss for Australia, we have lost 2 great men in one week.
RIP Brocky.

ShezzP
www.depressiondays.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home