Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Poem about Depression

The Bubble Of Depression

A bubble of depression
I'm caught deep inside
There's no escape, no way out
I just want to hide

The circle engulfs me
its elastic walls
whenever I get near them
I bounce and I fall

There are so many things
outside my bubble I can see
but I just can't get near them
I cannot break free

Things I so dearly want to do
eat right, exercise and yoga too
The career that I long to achieve
my family can be happy I need to believe

But each time I'm close
I want it so bad
Its just out of my reach
it makes me so sad.

The walls of my bubble
bounce me away from my dreams
deep, deep back inside
I'll never get there it seems

All alone in my bubble
there is no one else here
just me and my thoughts
bad thoughts and my fear

Can I ever get out
this circle of despair
will I ever achieve
all my dreams out there?

Depression is cruel
a cruel hand of fate
But I aim to get out
of this bubble I hate

There's a long road ahead
but the light I can see
I must do it for my children
for my family and for me.

ShezzP
www.depressiondays.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home