Sunday, October 08, 2006

Antidepressants - Are Side Effects Worse When Tired

Some side effects from Anti-depressants include:

Headache
Dizziness
Dry Mouth
Jaw Clenching/Teeth Grinding
Anxiety
Insomnia
Nausea

and I know there are more that I just can't think of at the moment.

The main side effects that I suffer from are Jaw Clenching and Dry Mouth. My question is can these side effects be worse if you are tired or run down?

My mouth has been so dry the last few days - more so than normal. I have just returned from a camping trip - during which I didn't sleep well - and have been extremely tired since I got home, so this is why I'm wondering could this be causing the dry mouth to be worse???

I know stress can cause dry mouth also and jaw clenching so perhaps that could be it, I had some stressful days over the last week or so. I also didn't drink enough while we were away due to the lack of drinking water.

Well, hopefully now that I'm home and getting back into my usual routine and drinking more water, hopefully it will settle down a bit. There's nothing like becoming depressed over side effects of anti-depressants!!!

Isn't it ironic when anxiety is a side effect of anti-depressants. For me thankfully it has helped my anxiety to a certain extent, although I do still suffer from it - not as bad as I use to. For me depression, panic and anxiety kind of all go hand in hand, so it would be dreadful to take medication for depression only to find it makes your anxiety worse - which would then make your depression worse wouldn't it???

I really need to get stuck into better eating, exercise and yoga and try to pull myself out of depression so I don't need medication for the rest of my life. I would hate to have to put up with the side effects forever.

WE NEED A CURE!!!! A cure for depression, a cure for panic attacks, a cure for anxiety. Wouldn't it be great.

ShezzP
www.depressiondays.com
www.kaibamyrhodesianridgeback.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home