Saturday, September 23, 2006

Depression Days - Taking The Kids Shopping

Today I made the silly mistake of taking my oldest two boys - aged 8 and 7 - to the shops with me. I tell you what, if you're not depressed already, taking two boys like mine shopping will certainly make you depressed. Oh my goodness did they play up. I can tell them til I'm blue in the face to stop mucking around but do you think they listen to me. Of course you can't smack your kids in public these days either or you'll get reported for child abuse. I'm sorry, but in my opinion kids need disciplined. Perhaps if it was acceptable to smack your children, they wouldn't act so feral when you take them to the shops since they know you wont smack them there.

So did they get any punishment??? Of course, no smacks I'll admit, I think the punishment they got was much more annoying to them than a smack anyway. They had to write out their times tables, all of them. Actually for the 7 year old, not such a problem, he's the smarty pants and quite enjoys anything like that, and of course he thinks he's very good since he knows them. The 8 year old however just really can't be bothered with learning anything like that, and literally sat at the table for hours because he didn't want to do it. Well, I wonder if he'll think twice about the way he acts next time we're at the shops.

Although, I have vowed never to take them to the shops ever again. But now that I have, and am still not completely calmed after the experience, I might go out for a jog and release that negative energy.

Question is, to take the dog or not to take the dog, he'll never forgive me if I don't. Big dog though, I have a really sore hand from the last time I took him a few days ago.

Well, over and out. Have a lovely day.
Shezz
www.depressiondays.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home