Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Depression Days - Steve Irwins Memorial Service

What can you say??

I have just finished watching Steve Irwins memorial service. I don't think I have ever watched a more emotional service, my husband and I both sat and cried. How can such a strong, energetic, passionate man be taken from this world.

He said he was put on this earth to save and protect the animals, then why was he taken so young, why wasn't he kept here to keep on saving and protecting them. He had such an important job, such an important part in conservation of this world, could anyone ever compare.

I feel for his lovely wife and children. He was their world and they were his, now their whole life has changed in the blink of an eye.

I know when you suffer from depression it is a very hard disease to take control of. But you know Steve Irwin in his death has inspired me. When I look at how fulfilled his life was, at how much he could fit into every day. To live on the edge - I am so the opposite, too scared to do anything - but he enjoyed his life, he had so much energy and was so happy and made such a difference to everybody. He truly LIVED his life to the fullest. It is such a tragic, tragic loss, but at least he LIVED. How many of us spend our lives depressed and stressing and worrying over everything, instead of being out their really living our lives and enjoying every minute of them.

Even knowing this and having Steve as inspiration, I know it will still be hard to overcome depression, but he had made me more determined to do so.

Shezz
www.depressiondays.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home